My daughter wakes up every morning (since diagnosis) with "stomach ache" and has it in evenings as well. She describes it as a full feeling. Not real pain and not nausea (as far as I can tell). It is the first thing that she says as soon as she awakens. Ever heard of this before?

Morning and evening stomach aches may be related to low blood sugars and this could be fairly easy to check. Another possibility is a condition that used to be called Apley's syndrome and rather simply it would suggest that these are the times of day when there is most focus on the diabetes and the abdominal pain is a reflection of anger or fear in relation to the diagnosis. If it goes on and is not related to blood sugars in any particular way, it might help to talk to a medical social worker with experience of diabetes in children.