From New York, NY, USA:

I am a 61 year old man who had a typical adult onset of diabetes 3 months ago, with glucose level at 365. In ten days of diet and glipizine [an oral medication for treating Type 2 diabetes] I returned to normal (105 morning average with just diet). But because I am thin I took the ICA test, and it was positive. What is my chance of insulin dependency? In what time period? Is there anything I can do to delay it?

It all depends. You may have a poorly-understood condition called slowly developing Type 1 diabetes, in which case your pancreas is slowly being destroyed by an autoimmune process (in the same way that happens to kids and young adults with typical Type 1 diabetes) and there's not much that can be done to avoid the destruction with currently-available therapy. (There is research under way to try to prevent this destruction, using insulin therapy to treat people with positive antibody levels.)

It's very difficult to predict the rate of progression of slowly-developing Type 1 diabetes, since it looks roughly the same as Type 2 diabetes, except for the antibody levels that show it's autoimmune in origin, and no one's been doing antibody testing on Type 2 diabetes patients in any methodical fashion to sort this new syndrome out.