From Prodigy:

I am new at this (about 2 months now) and I would like to know what blood sugar is too low to take my insulin? I'm Type 1 and at times when I test my blood sugar it will be 89 or 85; at times it's 99. I just do not know what is too low; I do know that 200 or more is too high.

My own advice about this is that you shouldn't miss insulin at all. You should always be about to eat when you are taking your routine Regular [or Lispro] insulin injections. The blood sugar before a meal therefore reflects the effect of the previous dose and not the one that you are about to have. If you are regularly low at a particular time, then you should consider reducing the previous dose or increasing your food intake after it.

If you have a low sugar before an injection then you should still take the injection but eat immediately (a fast acting carbohydrate followed by your regular meal); i.e., don't leave the usual gap between your injection and food.