From Central Elementary School:

I recently found out that a very good friend of mine has diabetes. My father is a doctor, so I started asking questions about my friend's health. But now I don't know how to act around her. Every time I don't see her at school I get scared that she is sick. Do you have any suggestions on how I should act around her?

Your friend is not "sick." She needs to take insulin to replace what her body can no longer make, and which she needs.

The best thing you can do is to treat her the same as you did before: she's the same person. As you've already doing, learn as much as you can, but don't get too nosy or pushy. Offer help only if she asks.