Question:

From New Jersey, USA:

My 5.75 year-old daughter has been experiencing some diabetes-like symptoms. Am a paranoid or should I have her tested: She has excessive thirst, always hungry, seldom eats, complains of stomach pains daily and recently has been dizzy and having headaches. Her grandmother, and greatgrandparents have/had diabetes. She also has had recurring ear problems. She is very small, about 34 pounds. She is also easily upset and angered.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

Answer:

Some of the symptoms you mention could be early diabetes. If in doubt - check it out. Simply ask your family doctor to check her urine and or to do a simple blood test. What you mustn't do is ignore the symptoms.