Question:

I have been taking shots since the age of 11 months old. The problem I have is now that I'm 23, everytime (or nearly everytime) I inject insulin, I bleed and it hurts. Sometimes, when I inject, insulin comes back out. I always have been careful to change injection sites, but this uncomfortableness is making me leary of taking insulin. I've got so many bruises that my body looks like a road map. Any suggestions?

Answer:

Try other syringes, for example the B-D Ultrafine II short-needle version.

Also, if you're taking aspirin once in a while (more than once a week), be aware that aspirin will increase the chance of bleeding and bruising substantially.

SS

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.