Question:

From Portland, Oregon, USA:

Is it true that Lilly will soon stop manufacturing the Pork/Beef insulin? My wife doesn't do very well on Humulin.

Answer:

It's my guess that Eli Lilly (and Novo-Nordisk) will eventually stop the animal insulins altogether; they have slowly been dropping less-used products over the past few years. It seems it's only a matter of economics for them: if there are satisfied customers buying them despite rising prices, they'll continue producing animal-based insulin products longer.

You could call Lilly's 800 number (1-800-LILLY-RX) and inquire directly.

WWQ