Question:

From Louisiana, USA:

My father has hereditary diabetes and now I am starting to experience some of the symptoms. I don't know what to do and need more information. I am too scared to tell my parents because I do not want them to worry. Need advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. Please help.

Answer:

If you're concerned about possible diabetes, talk to your doctor, or to your school nurse, or the County Public Health Nurse. They can do a fingerstick blood sugar level that should be able to help to tell whether you have diabetes or not, and they can help you decide what to tell your parents.

SS