From Brooklyn, New York, USA:

I would like to know about a pancreas and kidney transplant combination.

Transplantation of the pancreas from a living related donor, or from a recently-deceased person, has been successful in controlling blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.

Combining a pancreas transplant with a kidney transplant at the same time in the same patient, or doing a pancreas transplant after a kidney transplant in a person with diabetes who has kidney failure and needs a kidney transplant, have both been done. It's obviously a very complicated situation; I advise my patients that if they will have to have a kidney transplant, they ought to ask the transplant team about what's involved in having a pancreas transplant also.