From North Carolina, USA:

Our 9 year old takes NPH and Humalog at breakfast, Humalog at dinner and NPH at bed. When her AM shot is during the week before school (7am) her dinner reading is high. But on weekends when her AM shot is later (9am) her dinner reading is okay. Any suggestions?

I usually suggest if you take your insulin at a different time in the morning during the weekend, that you try to keep the time between meals similar to that during the week. It is possible that your child is more active on weekends than during the week and that she may need more food and/or less insulin on more active weekend days. I suggest you discuss these issues with your child's physician.