Question:

From New Jersey, USA:

I am 9 years old and have had diabetes since age 6 1/2. I am doing a report for school on diabetes in order to learn more about it myself. Could you tell me how the knowledge and treatment of juvenile diabetes changed over the years?

Answer:

Unfortunately, we do not have the time to do your homework assignments for you. There's lots of information out there to help you. I'd suggest that you or your library get a copy of the book, The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.

You (and your parents!) will learn a lot about what diabetes was like in the past. It's a big book, and not easy to read completely, but you'll find some parts that will be very helpful to you now, and other parts that will make more sense when you reread the book in the future.

WWQ