From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

I have seen hand held calorie counters. Is there anything that you know of that has a carbohydrate counter as well?

I collected some information on hand-held computer devices a couple years ago and dug up that old file. I was also desiring carbohydrate information to be included. However, some of these products may have been updated, changed or deleted so it would be best to write to the companies to get a full description of the products at this time.

1. Compu-Cal, 9545 Delphi SW, Olympia, WA 98512 or call Candace Mattson, RD, at 206-352-5038
  2. Diabetic Control Products, 2201 Laramie Las Cruces, NM 8801, 505-522-2882 or fax 505-521-1985.
  3. Personal Food Analyst, Mirical Nutrition Corporation, 4606 Northpark Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, (719) 598-5276.

Most of these products were in the US$200 to US$400 range and may or may not require additional hardware. I've seen other, less expensive and probably less extensive, programs in those "in-flight" magazines on airplanes. It all depends how technical you would like to get.