From the Philippines:

My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 5 years old. She is now 9. I love to bake cakes but since I can't use Equal [aspartame] for cooking and I don't want to use saccharin base sugar substitute, can I use fructose sugar instead? If yes, how much per serving and its equivalent to Equal packets or tablets.

Fructose can be used in baking. Weight for weight it has the same calorie value as cane sugar; but it is more slowly absorbed and can enter the cell for energy without the need of insulin. It is rather sweeter than ordinary sugar and you will find that recipes require only a half to one third as much fructose as sugar.