From America OnLine:

I recently had a strep throat. My doctor prescribed two medications: Zovirax and also Veetids. My question is will these two meds taken together cause blood sugar levels to drop drastically? My sugar levels have been bottoming out since being on this medication and I can't figure out why.

I'm not aware that either of these medications has any direct effect on the blood sugar.

Two possible indirect effects:

1. When the strep infection improved with treatment, your insulin requirements probably decreased.

2. If you developed diarrhea as a side effect of these medications, you might not have absorbed all the food you ate and may have needed less insulin.