From Longview, WA USA

I am not diagnosed with diabetes but think I may have it. Recently I have had sudden onsets of dizziness, nausea, headache and blurred vision. I feel better after drinking juice or eating sweets but, it doesn't last long. A friend checked my blood sugar level and it was 53. She is diabetic and said that was a bad level. Is it? What should I do besides see a doctor. I don't have insurance. I am a 43 year old female, 6', 185 pounds. No family history of diabetes.

Your symptoms and the rather low blood sugar that your friend obtained suggest low blood sugars or hypoglycemia. This is occasionally a presenting symptom of Type 1 Diabetes; but very rarely of Type 2 or adult Onset Diabetes. Type 1 Diabetes at 40 is also very rare so that either way the diagnosis is improbable. If these symptoms are disabling you need to be seen by a physician and your local Health department would be able to help you find a resource if you have no insurance. You may also be eligible for Medicaid.