From Groton, Connecticut, USA:

Is the trauma caused by needle injections more or less than from jet injectors?

My daughter is 6 years old and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 3 months ago. She is extremely needle-phobic (as I'm sure most people are) and I am looking for better ways to make it easier on her.

Some people find syringes with needles hurt more and some people find the needleless injector hurts more. The injectors make more noise, so may be more scary. Other children get scared just looking at a needle.

I suggest you try the new shorter, thinner needle syringes made by Bectin Dickinson. Tell your child most kids think they hurt less. If your child is afraid of seeing the needle, hiding it using a simple injection device such as the Inject-Ease or autoinjec may help. As far as I know, new adaptors to fit the new 3/10 c.c. short syringes are not yet available for these devices.