Question:

From America OnLine:

I have been reading all of your information regarding diabetes and its complications and have been wondering for some time if there has been any research done on the possible help of certain vitamins for some of the complications with diabetes. I know of certain vitamins that strengthen the blood vessels in the eyes and others that supposedly help the kidneys and nerves. Have there been any studies done, or do you know if vitamins may benefit diabetics?

Answer:

There are several ongoing studies to study the effect of anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E in preventing diabetes complications.

[Editor's comment: You can keep up with research issues for Type 1 diabetes by reviewing information at this website. WWQ]