Question:

From India:

I would like to inquire about something regarding the injection sites. My son for the past six years has been taking his injections only on the left and right upper thighs alternately each day. He refuses to take it anywhere else. Is it okay that this is being done so like this or can it prove to be harmful for the boy? Just for the record, he doesn't complain at all about any pain.

Answer:

Provided your son is moving the actual site of injection around his thighs and not developing fatty lumps then he doesn't need to move beyond his thighs. Once lumps develop at injection sites the absorption of insulin is erratic and, in any case, the lumps are unsightly. (It usually takes several months of avoidance for such lumps to disappear, if they develop.)