Question:

From Pennsylvania, USA:

What are Alc's? My 5 year old son has been diabetic for 6 months. None of our doctors have ever tested for Alc's, however I have been reading about them on the Internet. Also what is Ultralente? This is something else I've read about, but don't know what it is.

Answer:

If you haven't been informed about A1c's (also called glycohemoglobin) by your son's physician, you and your son are seeing the wrong doctor.

Ultralente is an insulin product that's discussed briefly in a table elsewhere at this website. It's very handy as part of some intensive insulin programs.

WWQ