From Rochester, New York, USA:

I am 24 years old and have had diabetes for 12 years. I started on the insulin pump 2 years ago and have done well on it. My last HgbA1c was 6.8. Recently hearing about Humalog, I thought it could give me the edge I needed to get my blood sugars down to near perfect. Since starting Humalog, my after meal blood glucoses have been well, but my overall blood glucoses have been higher than normal. My question is, I'm not sure if Humalog is for me? I was doing well on Regular and now it seems I have to worry about more highs.

As you've learned, lispro insulin (Humalog® brand) is not a magic bullet. One of the most important things I've learned about it is that using it with pumps can be tricky!

I don't advise anyone with a pump to switch to lispro insulin for their pump without having long discussions with a very knowledgeable diabetes nurse educator. (It is still an excellent product for anyone, pumper or other, to use by standard syringe injection if trying to force a high blood sugar down rapidly; I have several pump patients who are using Regular insulin through their pumps who also keep a bottle of lispro around "just in case".)