From Utica, New York, USA:

My daughter is now 15 and has had diabetes since she was 2 years old. I have just purchased a hot-tub for the family and noticed that there was a warning about diabetics having to take extra care in its use? What precautions should I be taking and what should I be watching out for. Thank any help you can give me as I hope that she will be able to benefit from this device.

The effect of immersion in a hot tub is to increase peripheral circulation in the skin and subcutaneous tissues as well as in peripheral joints. This response is basically to maintain a normal body temperature by increasing heat loss by convection and sweat evaporation, though neither of these mechanisms are actually effective in a hot bath. Persons whose vascular system is already compromised including some older diabetics may have difficulty in adjusting between central and peripheral circulation and this can result in dizziness and even syncope and thus in accidents.

It is very unlikely indeed that your 15 year old daughter would have this sort of problem; but even so I would not have the bath temperature set at more than 95 degrees F.