My three year old daughter was diagnosed 9 months ago. I am having trouble making any progress with potty training. Is there any relationship between her diabetes and her delay in potty training success?

There are two distinct possibilities. It is likely that your daughter was set back a little in her progress towards dryness by the trauma - physical and psychological - of developing diabetes. The effect of this you will be able to judge for yourself. Secondly, high blood sugars will cause her to make more urine and this can make potty training much more difficult. However, persevere and all will come good.