From Indianapolis, Indiana, USA:

I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes after the birth of my first child. I am really having a hard time adjusting to all of the changes: child, new diet, glucose monitoring, etc. How do you do it? I work very long hours and find it difficult to eat properly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Take one step at a time; you can't learn everything at once. Get the advice of an experienced Diabetes Team on what's important for you to deal with first, and to help you find a flexible program that will work with your lifestyle.