From Wausau, Wisconsin, USA:

My son is 17 and has had Type 1 diabetes for 4 years. He is very tall but thin and it seems I cannot get him to put on any weight. His calorie intake is designed for 2800 calories a day but this seems small. His A1c at last check up was 7.6. Any suggestions on how to get weight on a diabetic?

If he is hungry, I would ask to speak with a dietitian. Many teenage males need more than 3000 calories a day to maintain normal weight, especially if they are very active. If you increase his meal plan, he will probably need more insulin to maintain the same degree of control. If he isn't hungry, I wouldn't worry.