Question:

From Vermont, USA:

I am 18 years old. My father was diagnosed with adult onset diabetes about a year and a half ago. The doctors said he had it for 10 years undiagnosed. He has a lot of complications that his doctor is having problems controlling or helping. I want to know where I can get information on diabetes complications. My father will be 40 this month and can not work because his complications are so severe.

Answer:

Information about complications of diabetes can be found on the Internet, at:

Or call the ADA, at 1-800-ADA-DISC, or your nearest ADA Affiliate.

WWQ