From Vermont, USA:

I am 18 years old. My father was diagnosed with adult onset diabetes about a year and a half ago. The doctors said he had it for 10 years undiagnosed. He has a lot of complications that his doctor is having problems controlling or helping. I want to know where I can get information on diabetes complications. My father will be 40 this month and can not work because his complications are so severe.

Information about complications of diabetes can be found on the Internet, at:

Or call the ADA, at 1-800-ADA-DISC, or your nearest ADA Affiliate.