From Guam, USA:

My 12 year old daughter was diagnosed last week with IDDM. Her mother tells me that the "honeymoon" period will make it dangerous for her to travel from Mississippi to Guam this summer for visitation. The trip is very long, and I don't want to risk her health. Is this accurate?

There are no specific problems related to honeymoon period and traveling. I'd suggest you get travel advice relating to flight times, etc., from your daughter's Diabetes Team.

[Editor's comment: Also, see previous questions about traveling. WWQ]