From Singapore:

My friend has Type 2 diabetes as he is obese. He is 18 year old. But he is on medication for 2 months with good results. But he is due for a full medical check tomorrow. Can they detect he's diabetic as he is not listed in the hospital record as having diabetes?

I don't have enough clinical information on how the diagnosis of your friend has been made. His obesity certainly suggests Type 2 diabetes or Maturity Onset Diabetes in the Young (MODY) although his young age (18 years) actually may suggest a slow form of Type 1 diabetes presenting in an obese teenager with a slowly progressing autoimmune process. Appropriate lab tests can (or perhaps your doctor has already clarified the diagnosis) clarify this important aspect. He should discuss this with his doctor because oral hypoglycemics may be ultimately harmful in the latter case.

To answer your question about detecting diabetes during a full medical check, it depends on the kind of testing they perform in your country, but generally fasting blood sugar and sugar in the urine at morning on the day of testing will confirm the presence of diabetes.