I am 36. I have had the symptoms of diabetes for three months. I have received conflicting opinions from doctors of whether I am Type 1 or 2. I have lost 15 pounds since the holidays, have on and off thirst and with it frequent urination (obviously), occasional numbness (every other week); in the morning in my fingertips that takes an hour or two to subside, and a blister that got badly infected and needed treatment (antibiotic). A fasting blood test last week came in at 224. Are these symptoms and my level indicative of Type 1 or 2?

The critical fact is that you've got diabetes. I can't tell from the information you provide what type you have although the duration of symptoms perhaps just gives the edge to Type 2. Your sugars will dictate what treatment you need.