From Germany:

I have a 3 year old daughter who has been diagnosed as diabetic. Can this be diagnosed at this age? If so, what are the possibilities of recovery? A few doctors here have said it is impossible to diagnose at this age and others have us giving insulin 2 times a day. Please help.

I'm afraid that it's not uncommon for diabetes to be diagnosed under the age of 4. I've had 5 such patients already this year. Provided the diagnosis is firm -- and this is very rarely in doubt -- then there is no chance of spontaneous recovery. However, something called the honeymoon period can mean that the dose of insulin required can be very low indeed for some time. Unfortunately, this doesn't indicate that the diabetes is regressing.