From Sydney, New South Wales, Australia:

I think I have an eating disorder, as I have not taken any insulin for 18 months, because I don't want to get fat and because I hate being reminded that I have diabetes. I know this is extremely dangerous, but I can't seem to face injecting myself. To make matters worse, I binge drink on weekends, I smoke around a packet a day, and I can't seem to stay away from junk food (which is why I'm afraid of putting on weight). I am a 21 year old, female, University student who has had Type 1 Diabetes for almost 2 years. Logically, I know I am slowly killing myself and logically I know I am not fat any more (I'm a size 6), but for some reason emotionally this does not seem to compute. I know I need help, but on the other hand I don't really want it because then I will have to face my problem. Do you know of any service that could help me?

I am not familiar with medical services in Australia, however, it sounds as though you need professional help. You say you were diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 2 years ago, but have been able to stay off insulin for 18 m years ago, but have been able to stay off insulin for 18 months by dieting. It sounds as though you must still be in the remission or "honeymoon" phase when insulin requirements may be very low. When the remission phase ends, you will need insulin injections even if you are dieting. If you do not get the injections at this point, you could become dangerously ill with ketoacidosis. Either ketoacidosis or a severe eating disorder can be fatal.

I suggest you speak to your endocrinologist or internist and arrange to consult with a psychiatrist as soon as possible. With professional help, this problem can be treated.