From Montana, USA:

Is a jet injector better than using a needle? My son is 15 and has had diabetes for 7 years. Does a jet injector leave bruises like the needles do?

The first thing I would do in regard to the problem you are having with bruising is to go over your injection technic with the nurse educator in your son's diabetes care team - you may be injecting intramuscularly and not subcutaaneously. If, after revising technic and trying the new short UltraFine needles, you are still having problems the best injector is probably the Activa Advanta-Jet Tel 1-800-991-4464. It costs US$795, but has the considerable advantage that you can mix insulins in variable proportions. If there is bruising in other parts of the body other than injection sites, you should talk to your son's doctor about it.

[Editor's comment: I always ask anyone who reports bruising from insulin injections if they are taking aspirin. One aspirin a day can cause frequent bruising (and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes). WWQ]