Question:

From America OnLine:

I was looking to see if I could find out how to convert a BG monitor reading from the UK system to that of the US.

I use a Medisense G2 monitor made for the UK market and the reading is not the same as I would get if I used a machine made in the US. My last reading was 8.4 mmol. The doctor asked me what it was in the US and I could not tell him.

Answer:

To convert from mmol/L to mg/dl, multiply by 18 (10 mmol/L is 180 mg/dl); to convert from mg/dl to mmol/L, divide by 18 (180 mg/dl is 10 mmol/L). (P.S.: Many meters have a setting you can change to have the meter read out in the alternate system).

WWQ

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.