From Palm Harbor, Florida, USA:

My four year old with Type 1 Diabetes has vomited two times for no apparent reason. Last night at midnight she became sick. Her 10 P.M. test was 268. Her level this morning was 77. The other time it happened I checked her level right after she threw up and it was only 57. She complains a lot about her stomach aching and I wonder if either low blood sugar or too high blood sugar can cause this.

Young children may occasionally become nauseous and vomit with low blood sugar. Ketones in the urine can cause nausea and vomiting. Ketones can be produced when the blood sugar is high or after a low blood sugar.

If a child has a stomach virus, the blood sugar can go either higher or lower than usual. I suggest you discuss this with your own physician to try and sort out what is happening and how to prevent recurrences.