I am a 47 year old diabetic, with a 140 sugar level, however, I feel a tingling feeling in my hands. I would appreciate it if you could tell me the reason for this feeling, and a possible cure for it.

A fasting sugar level of 140 mg/dl looks right for a stabilised diabetic (either insulin or noninsulin dependent) although you don't give any details on duration, medications and long term metabolic control. It is therefore difficult to assess whether the tingling feeling is in some way related to the diabetes or caused by another problem.

A tingling feeling can be one of the first symptoms of diabetic neuropathy, a complication of long term diabetes which generally affects the lower limbs. Also, diabetic blood vessel disease can sometimes cause this feeling. However, both are very rare in the arms and hands. I suggest that you talk to your doctor, and if he feels your symptoms are severe or difficult to diagnose, he might want you to see a neurologist.