Question:

From Pasadena, California , USA:

I have a seven year old son with autism. Recent lab results show glucose as high at 129 (normal 75-110 mg/dl.) Ketones 1+, Urobilinogen 1.0, Hematocrit 38.3, Creatinine 0.5, Phosphorus 5.3. No Glucose in urine. These results seem to me to point in the direction of Diabetes Mellitus; doctor tells me all results are normal though not within range. Should I have more tests? What type of physician? My child's veins shut down when blood is attempted to be drawn; we are able to draw blood only when surgery of some sort is scheduled (vent tubes, tonsils, etc.). Getting more blood at this time would be difficult if possible. IgG were ordered, hospital lost tubes. Thank you, I look forward to your assistance.

Answer:

Your physician is correct. Your son doesn't have diabetes on the basis of these laboratory results.