From Auckland, New Zealand:

I run a diabetes society in Auckland, New Zealand and young babies with insulin dependent diabetes. This information would be extremely useful for our information folder in our centre and for our library.

I strongly recommend you start with Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE. It is available from the American Diabetes Association and from commercial sources if you can't find it in New Zealand.

Additional Comment from Dr. O'Brien:

And if you want something with more general coverage you might consider Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes by Peter Chase. You can download it free from