Question:

From Auckland, New Zealand:

I run a diabetes society in Auckland, New Zealand and young babies with insulin dependent diabetes. This information would be extremely useful for our information folder in our centre and for our library.

Answer:

I strongly recommend you start with Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE. It is available from the American Diabetes Association and from commercial sources if you can't find it in New Zealand.

SS

Additional Comment from Dr. O'Brien:

And if you want something with more general coverage you might consider Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes by Peter Chase. You can download it free from http://www.uchsc.edu/misc/diabetes/ud10.html.

DO'B