From New Hampshire, USA:

I am 15 years old and have had diabetes for 12 years. I often hear of non-invasive blood glucose meters, and even sometimes of cures, in the "near future." However, people always seem to neglect to mention when this "near future" is. Can you give me any kind of an estimate on when there will be a non-invasive blood glucose meter on the market in the US or, better yet, a cure?

It is really not possible when to predict when, if ever, any product or treatment currently being researched will be available. It is also possible that other methods of blood sugar monitoring or a cure not currently under investigation will be available before the ones currently being tested.

In the meantime, it is important for everyone with diabetes to take good care of themselves, so when better treatments or the cure does come, you will be healthy and able to benefit from these scientific advances.