From Indianapolis, Indiana, USA:

I have an 8 year old son. He has experienced many symptoms. He has severe headaches all the time. I have noticed about 40 minutes after a breakfast of pancakes and syrup he has a severe headache and vomits. He is thirsty a lot and gets up at night to get a drink. He is hungry all the time. He has been diagnosed as having exercise induced asthma. He breathes through his mouth at night. They tested his glucose levels with a 3 hour test; fasting level was 88; after 1 hour after glucose, it was 180. He got a severe headache and very pale stomach ache.

The doctor said to give him a protein snack such as crackers to keep him from getting to hungry between meals. It is not helping; do you have any suggestions?

Sorry, but the information you have given are not enough to be sure of whether his problems are related to blood sugar: I'd need more data, such as how long and how often has your son been experiencing the symptoms you report in your letter. Concerning asthma, two thoughts: have you talked to an ENT specialist for a check of his nasal apparatus? And a test called a peak flow meter test could help to find out whether your son is suffering from a form of asthma.

Additional Comment from Dr. Lebinger:

It sounds like your son needs to have a complete evaluation to diagnose the cause of his symptoms. If you have not already consulted with a pediatric neurologist, I suggest you do this as morning vomiting with headaches and frequent urination can be symptoms of neurological problems. (There is a syndrome called diabetes insipidus which has frequent urination without sugar in the urine.)