From Provo, Utah, USA:

How often should glucose monitors be replaced? I have a One-Touch II and I've been wondering about the accuracy. I'm not sure how long I've had it - probably about 7 years.

Meters, like most things, will last a long time if they are looked after. Age alone is not a criterion for ditching your meter. You may still have the check paddle or check solutions - use them to check the accuracy. If you haven't got it, then you can get a small bottle of control solution from Life Scan which will do the same job.

Additional comments from Jeff Hitchcock, CWD Founder and Editor:

Many community pharmacies have diabetes care pharmacists and even have contracts with the major glucose meter manufacturers to provide meters at no charge and to provide in depth, one-on-one education with patients. Many pharmacists have been credentialed as Certified Disease State Managers in Diabetes as well as Certificed Diabetes Educators. So, you may wish to check with your local pharmacy to learn more about the latest meters.