From California, USA:

I have a nine year old son who was diagnosed 2 years ago. I have noticed some discoloration of his teeth. He goes to the dentist every six months. The dentist didn't say anything about it, but I have began to notice it more recently. Is this from the insulin?

No, it's not from the insulin. However, tooth decay is common in children with diabetes, partly because they often drink large quantities of fizzy drinks. Even the sugar free versions are acidic and destroy tooth enamel. Discuss with your dentist.