Question:

From Marietta, Georgia, USA:

I am 26 years old and have had diabetes (Type 1) for two years. I give me self a shot three (3) times a day in my legs and sometimes stomach. I weigh 100 pounds. I am now swelling in my inner thigh which looks like bubbles on my legs. Is there is any other place I can give myself a shot or a way to stop it from swelling up so much?

Answer:

My usual comments:

• Belly is best.
  • Thighs are okay, unless you'll be doing very heavy exercise immediately after the injection.
  • Butt's okay.
  • Arms are okay, except in very thin people (the end of the needle might go into the muscle layer, instead of the flab layer.)

WWQ