From a city in the Western USA:

Is itchy skin a symptom of diabetes? If it is, what can I do to relieve it? I live in a major city with a medical school, we do not have very good doctors, so I need your help.

Itchy skin is occasionally a symptom of diabetes. If it were due to diabetes, controlling the blood sugar would help.

One would hope that any doctor, no matter what size city they're in, should be able to make the diagnosis of diabetes: all it takes is suspicion, and blood testing for the sugar level. Ask your doctor to do testing of your blood sugar level if there are other symptoms.