Question:

From a physician in Arizona, USA:

A number of patients have recently inquired into the purported efficacy of chromium supplements for diabetics. Reportedly, chromium aids insulin and promotes better glucose control. I'm skeptical. Have there been controlled, double-blind studies that support the use of chromium in diabetes?

Answer:

I'm skeptical too on the real efficacy of chromium supplements on insulin sensitivity and/or action in a normal fed patient and even less that it can improve metabolic control. I'm not aware of any controlled, double-blind study carried out so far to verify any influence of chromium supplements in diabetes.