From Pennsylvania, USA:

I'm considering switching my 12 year old son from syringe insulin injections to one of the "pen" type injection devices. Is there any reason to be concerned about making this switch from one device to another? And what about switching different brands of insulin? And how difficult is the process of switching?

The pen devices on the market now are robust and very easy to use. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. I have changed hundreds of patients over without problems and it is also extremely unlikely that you will notice any difference in blood sugar control between equivalent insulins from different manufacturers. However, you should do a few extra blood tests to begin with.

[Editor's Comment: You can read reviews of the NovoPen 1.5 and the B-D Pen. JSH.]