From Hagerstown, Maryland, USA:

My Ob/Gyn had me go for a 2 hour fasting gestational diabetes test in my 27th week of pregnancy. The results were 138 at 2 hours. I have found info on 1 hour and 3 hour but not 2 hour testing. My doctor considers this a high level and has recommended a 3 hour fasting test. Can you provide any information on the 2 hour test and normal/abnormal blood sugar level?

The standard screening test in the United States is a 50 gram, 1 hour glucose tolerance test. The cutoff value is between 130 and 140 mg/dl. I am not sure why your doctor ordered a 2 hour test for screening purposes.

The normal values on the three hour test are fasting: less than 105 mg/dl, 1 hour less than 190, 2 hour less than 165 and three hour less than 145.