Question:

From Colorado, USA:

There seem to be hundreds of models of blood glucose monitors. I recently found that my three blood glucose meters gave different results:

1. 177 mg/dl
  2. 215 mg/dl
  3. 203 mg/dl

Is this okay?

Answer:

Take 20% of any of these numbers, and you'll see that they are really about the same; differences of up to +/- 20% are acceptable for these devices in light of the differences among the different meters.

You really can't compare one meter to another brand and expect identical results, because of differences in design, your technique in doing the test, the amount of time between tests, and other factors such as how the results are reported.

WWQ