From Gaza:

I am 29 years old, male. I have had Type 1 diabetes since 15 years old or so. I have good control of my blood sugar except some hypoglycemia cases where I get too lazy to take food. I am thinking about insulin pump therapy. What do you advise?

It is always hard to evaluate diabetes just from a short letter! Nevetheless, from what you say, it seems you are in good metabolic control (I know neither your glycoemoglobin levels nor your insulin therapy), and apparently do not suffer from major complications while keeping a good quality of life. I do not know what your doctor thinks about your therapy, but to me I do not see any particular advantage of using pump instead of conventional intensified insulin therapy (this means at least three shots a day!) for controlling your diabetes.

[Editor's comment: For additional information about insulin pumps, see our section about Insulin Pumps. JSH]