From the USA:

If I am breastfeeding and have diabetes. How will taking insulin injections affect my baby?

First of all, I want to encourage you to breastfeed and reassure you that insulin will not have any direct effect on your baby. However, there are a few things you should know. Breastfeeding mothers require extra calories and you should consult with your dietitian about appropriate ways to meets that need. Diabetic mothers who breastfeed sometimes complain about erratic glucose control, particularly hypoglycemia, so it is important that you check your blood sugar frequently as you did during the pregnancy. So continue to keep in close with your diabetes team while you are breastfeeding.