From Alaska, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 11. She is now 14 and has not had good control for most of the time. Our insurance company stopped paying for any treatment except medical, saying her problems are related to mental health and not medical in nature. The answer I need answered at this point is "Can juvenile diabetes cause personality alterations resulting in oppositional defiant behavior?"

Any chronic disease (such as diabetes) can lead to these kinds of behaviors. You and your daughter's diabetes team need to fight the insurance company on this one.