From Minnesota, USA:

I have a 10 year old with symptoms of diabetes. They include increased thirst, frequent urination. muscle pains, and stomach discomfort. He had a fasting glucose test done 2 months ago. His results were 103. We're wondering if we should just ignore the symptoms at this point or research into it further.

I would suggest taking him back to the doctor to recheck his urine and blood sugar after a meal.

[Editor's comment: There has been discussion as to whether the glycohemoglobin test would be useful to help diagnose diabetes. So far, the general feeling is that it is not that helpful in diagnosis, although it's very, very helpful in monitoring the status of people with diabetes. WWQ]